Tuesday 8 September 2009

RECIPE: SPICY STIR FRIED CHICKEN


Something I whipped up quickly in the kitchen!


Ingredients

800g chicken thigh or breast meat – sliced
2 tsp freshly crushed red chillies
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Splashes of soy and fish sauce
Vegetables of choice – I used snow peas and baby corn
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 onion – sliced fine
Oil

Method


Marinated the chicken with the crushed chillies, soy and fish sauce for 30 mins.

Heat about 4 tbsp of oil in a wok and sauté the garlic and onions for 1 min. Add in the chicken and cook until the chicken is nearly done.


Add in the sweet chilli sauce and vegetables. Moisten with some water and a few splashes of soy and fish sauce. When the vegetables are done, lift and serve with rice or fresh hokkien noodles.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. Almost looks like the Malay's Sambal goreng. I like it. It looks appetizing and not too unhealthy.

Salt N Turmeric said...

Vin, sorry lama tak tinggal comment. i havent been active for awhile now. malas lah. lol.

im drooling looking at the baby corn and those snow peas. they dont sell fresh baby corn here and the snow peas? so sad looking. :(

Pushpa Soh said...

Hai VG, love your dishes, will try this weekend before going on Raya visits. I am also interested in your wok. Been looking for one good reliable wok, something like yours. My reliable one now is the Amway wok. Please advise. Thanks

VG said...

Hi Afre

Thanks for your comments and for visiting my blog.

Hi Farina

I am guilty of the same crime too! I'll come to visit you soon.....btw, Selamat Hari Raya. Oh, and the baby corn and snow peas are from my own garden. Sebab tu nampak cantik!

Hi Pushpa

Glad you like my dishes. Do advise how you go when and if you try them.

My wok is made by Scanpan, it is titanium based and over 10 years old. It is quite expensive (around AUD$200) but one of the best investments you can ever make. It works like non-stick (so you don't have to use much oil in cooking), without the health issues associated with non stick cooking. Also, it does not scratch like non stick. Hope this helps in your choice.

Chef E said...

I went back to see what the date was on my oldest post and saw you made comments! I love the baby corn, so cute and tasty too!

I hope you come back and show some more of your delish food!

MamaFaMi said...

Hi VG, how are you...
The recipe looks simple to prepare and I'm sure, I can just finish that whole bowl all by myself! Greedy huh! Hahahaha....

VG said...

Hi MamaFami, Apa khabar my dear?....Don't worry, I pun lanyak satu mangkuk before I even tambah nasi, he!he!

Anonymous said...

Hey are you a professional journalist? This article is very well written, as compared to most other blogs i saw today….
anyhow thanks for the good read!