Wednesday 3 June 2009

DVD REVIEW: THE GRUDGE I and II [JU-ON I & II] (JAPANESE)


Sorry, it's been quite some time since I posted any DVD reviews on my blog....doesn't mean that I haven't been watching movies.....more the case of laziness taking over.

Anyway, whilst it is still fresh in my head, I thought that I'd write about The Grudge I and II (the Japanese version) which I watched last weekend. FYI, when The Grudge opened at "The Melbourne International Film Festival", it was a complete sellout.


The Grudge is the story of the evil dead, left in a house, that is latching itself on to the living. It is the vengence, the grudge from beyond, that no one can stop and no is safe.

Warning - this movie is not for the faint hearted. My eldest daugher slept with the radio on (only because I wouldn't allow her to take the dog to bed with her) cos she was convinced that she heard 'grudging' noises in the night.

After watching these movies, I once again reiterate - the Orientals reign supreme when it comes to horror!!! If you are a lover of horror movies, I totally recommend you watch the movie.

Note: You can buy the Grudge dvds at JB HiFi.

No comments: