Friday 23 May 2008

RECIPE: CORNFLAKE COOKIES

I thought for my second post I'd share an easy recipe that is also the kids' favourite and school lunch box topper. Not sure where I got this recipe from but it is a keeper. I have to admit that it has been a long time since I actually baked these cookies because Mr G bakes them now! So, give it a go and let me know what you think!

CORNFLAKE COOKIES

Ingredients
125 g butter
½ cup sugar
1 egg – lightly beaten
1 cup cornflakes
1 - 2 cup cornflakes – lightly crushed – for coating
1 cup self raising flour
1 to 1 ½ cups sultanas*
Pinch of salt*

Method
Lightly grease baking trays and preheat oven to 180°c.

Sift flour and add * ingredients.

Cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add flour mix and egg and blend thoroughly. Now add 1 cup of cornflakes. Lightly combine the mixture as you don’t want the cornflakes to dissolve.

Roll 2 tsp of dough into small balls and coat with cornflakes. Flatten slightly and place on greased trays.

Bake for around 15 mins, in a 180°c oven. Remove from tray and cool on wire rack/s.

Note: we always make double the amounts because they don’t last long enough! Makes around 30 cookies.

No comments: