Thursday 9 October 2008

QUOTE OF THE DAY


“Shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sauté it. There's, um, shrimp kebabs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple shrimp and lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich... That's, that's about it” ~ Bubba Blue (Mykelti Williamson) from the movie Forest Gump.

Blinkie Maker


8 comments:

MamaFaMi said...

I love prawns to, no matter how ever you prepare them!

VG said...

Me too, me too!

Teresa Cordero Cordell said...

VG, thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed the La Llorona legend (and the drinks!). I love your quotes.

VG said...

Hello Senora Teresa my amigo (this is the limit of my spanish - did I get it right?? Apologies if I didn't....I'll stick to English from here on).

Thanks for visiting and I sure did enjoy 'Llorona' and the drinks (I am still suffering from cyber hangover, he!he!).

Glad you like my quotes...I try to link them to my food, mood or happenings in my life.

C U soon my friend.

Hugs, VG

Family First said...

Dear VG, would you be so kind to accept an award from me? Please visit my blog for the award ya.

VG said...

Award Jo? Thank you so much. Coming over in a jiffy!

Jun said...

heloooo Vin..miss u la..hehe. prawns...i just had this for lunch..hehe.
how r u? just drop by to say hi...its going to rain soon here..so, gtg now..hehhe..

VG said...

Hello Junie....I miss you too. I was just thinking of you and the next thing, you left a msg on my blog! How uncanny is that! [twilight zone music]

I am fine and hope the same with you and your family...So you had prawns for lunch. How were they cooked???