Sunday 27 July 2008

NATTER: WINTER WONDERLAND – WELL CLOSE ENOUGH!


We just had the most awesome hail storm in Canberra today. For the novice, one might think that it was snow but it is actually hail. It fell that heavily that it blanketed my suburb. The kids went out and had a quick ‘ice fight’ but they soon came in as it was very cold. The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting snow here today, so fingers cross. Anyway, these are some pics from my home.


PS: If you want to know more about Hail, you can read it here.

4 comments:

Bhawana said...

wow snowfall, I never seen snowfall so far in my life :). Looking beautiful. I love the idea of updating quotes in the blog. Nice quotes you have in ur blog. Thanks for adding me in your blog roll.

VG said...

Hi Bhawana

It really was beautiful here yesterday. I like adding quotes to reflect my mood or something significant that has happened to me on the day or recently. Glad you like it!

Tina Butler said...

How neat I bet the kids had fun. We get the occasional hail storm or just a blanket of snow in Texas, but they are far and few in between. what a cool view.

VG said...

Yes Tina, it really was an awesomw view. Mind you we can get some pretty big hail and it has been known to cause millions of dollars worth of damage. The one we had was nice; just like shaved ice!