Sunday 13 July 2008

RECIPE: TOBLERONE CHEESECAKE


I know I promised to put this up yesterday….sorry. Anyway, here it is and a very funny (not ha ha funny but bizarre funny) thing happen yesterday in conjunction with the cheesecake; well actually surrounding the cheesecake recipe. My friend TW and her beau dropped in yesterday and had some of the cheesecake and I mentioned in passing that the recipe was from a colleague of ours, ML and I had found it in some piles of papers that I was looking through. Mind you, the last time we saw this colleague was in 2003 and ironically, TW found a Christmas present that ML had given her (Kris Kringle) a few weeks ago, whilst going through her things too. What are the chances of that happening??! So I guess I should actually try and find where this mutual colleague is now. The last time we heard, she was in New Delhi. I think the cosmos was trying to tell us something here.

Back to THE cheesecake….it is a joint G and V effort – Mr G made the crust and I did the rest.

As I mentioned above, the recipe is from ML, who I used to work with when I was with the DoD.

I doubled the Toblerone amount (200 g) and used 250 g of Arnott’s Choc Ripple biscuits. You can also use Marie biscuits and add melted dark chocolate and butter to make the chocolate base. Below is the original recipe.

Base
1 cup crushed chocolate biscuits
1/3 cup melted butter – around 80 g

Filling
2 x 250 g blocks cream cheese (you may use 1 light and 1 normal cream cheese blocks)
½ cup cream
3 tsp gelatine dissolved in ½ cup hot water
¾ cup caster sugar
100 g Toblerone chocolate – melted

Method
Line a springform round cake tin with paper. Mix the butter and biscuits and press into the base on the cake tin and sides. Refrigerate.

Beat cream and cream cheese until smooth. Add in the gelatine, beat, followed by the sugar and melted chocolate. Beat until well combined and pour onto the prepared base. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, that looks so good! I love cheesecakes of all different types. Add Toblerone in the mix, and you've got a sure winner!!

VG said...

Tks Stephanie. If you put in 200gms of the chocolate, it is even better, trust me! Not good for the waist though but who cares, eh ;)