Friday 26 September 2008

RECIPE: BUTTER CREAM FROSTING


This is the frosting I used on my VANILLA CUPCAKES. It is rich but not ‘sickening’ like some frosting. I used milk (the original recipe called for 2 tsp hot water) because I read somewhere that it makes the frosting more ‘white’. Very racist remark, tsk! tsk! But those were the words that were used! Anyway, the milk does make the frosting look ‘frostier’, if I may say so.

BTW, if anyone has a tried and tested frosting or icing recipe that uses condensed milk, can you please let me know? Would love to try it.

Ingredients

150g butter – softened
250g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
2 tsp hot milk

Method

Beat the butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the salt, vanilla and milk and beat until smooth and creamy. Ice cake or cupcakes as desired.

NB: I had trouble finding a good icing/cookie press in Canberra. If you are looking for one, I bought my press at 'Sauvage Urban' (Brand Depot, Fyshwick) on sale, for $49.95. You can find cloth icing cones at 'Your Habitat' in Civic.

2 comments:

Noor said...

Oh this is so funny. I bought a cookie press here in KSA and its the same exact one you have here, lol. Well I googled cookie press because I wanted to make cookies but do not know how and your blog came up. I was like ahh thats my blog buddy :)..

VG said...

LOL...indeed Noor, how ironic! BTW, how are you my dear? Hope you are keeping well. I come over soon to your blog, ok....