Monday 1 September 2008

RECIPE: STRAWBERRY COULIS


My apologies to anyone who may have left comments on my blog. I made changes to the blog yesterday but it all went haywire today. Thank god I had made a backup of my original blog. If you have posted comments, I ask that you please resubmit your comments and I will endeavour to answer them. Once again, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Now that I have cleared up that issue, here’s my second contribution to the STOP FOOD WASTE CAMPAIGN. Enjoy.

Ingredients
75 g caster sugar
¼ cup water
150 g strawberries – hulled and halved
½ to 1 tsp Cointreau (Orange Liqueur) - optional


Method
In a blender, puree all the ingredients (except Cointreau). Pour into a small saucepan and on medium heat, boil the mixture until it slightly thickens. Remove from heat and add in the Cointreau (if using).

Cool and serve as a topping for ice cream, fruit salads or pancakes/crepes.

4 comments:

Jun said...

srawberry...i luvvv it..hehe. mmg x boleh nampak strawberry yg fresh kat sini...mkn mcm tu pon ok..hehe

VG said...

Hi Jun

Apa khabar? I hope you not too letih with ramadan.

Yes we like strawberries too tapi kadang2 strawberry at the bottom of the container is too soft so I make coulis with it. Very sedaplah...you kena try for buka puasa. Senang and best sekali.

Usha said...

Loved this coulis recipe, will make an excellent topping for a whole variety of desserts :)

VG said...

Hi Usha...it sure does.