Sunday 15 June 2008

GARDENING: EASY CARE INDOOR POT PLANTS - CHLOROPHYTUM OR SPIDER PLANT (I)

Another easy house plant to grow is the “Chlorophytum” or commonly known as the “Spider Plant”. There are so many different varieties and variations of the plant. Another good thing about this plant is that it is so easy to grow and propagate. It sends out little plantlets that you can cut off from the mother plant and just put it into some soil. It is that easy. I have propagated around 10 plants from one plant and have given numerous away to friends and neighbours. And a bonus to boot – you can get it very cheap from nurseries! To ensure a healthy growth, position in good light but away from direct sunlight; water generously in spring to autumn and sparingly in winter; and feed with liquid fertiliser spring to summer. Easy!

Well, here are the few varieties of the Spider plant that I have in my home.

PS: I made the macramé pot hangers myself. More than happy to teach anyone who is interested.

No comments: