Sunday 15 June 2008

RECIPE: CHICKEN IN HOISIN AND HOT BEAN SAUCE


I think I have written enough this past few days….so I am saving my typing energy for work tomorrow, he! he! :p

This is what we had for dinner today. Easy peasy. I served this with stir fried Choy Sum (see HERE).

Ingredients
Veg oil for cooking
2 to 3 chicken breast/equivalent amount in thighs if preferred - sliced or cubed to preference
Capsicum - cut into cubes (had none at home so I left it out today)
3-4 cloves garlic - minced
4 spring onions - cut 3 to 4 cm lengths
4 to 5 dried or fresh chillies - halved and deseeded (if you don't like it hot). I leave it in and it's not hot if you use the long variety of either chillies.
4 heaped tbsp Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce
4 heaped tbsp Yeo's Hot Bean Paste
1 carrot (optional) sliced thinly and diagonally. You can also add snow peas if you want. I did not because I had a separate vegetable dish
Handful of cashew nuts
Dash of sesame oil
Onion (optional) - sliced thickly

Method:
Heat oil and fry chicken in batches. Remove and set aside.

Add garlic to the oil and fry for 30 secs. Add in carrot (if using). Fry for a min and add in the chicken. Mix well.

Add in the capsicum (and peas if using) and both the sauces. Mix well. Cook for a minute or two. Add cashews, spring onion (and onion). Fry for 30 secs. Add sesame oil. Turn off heat and serve with rice and stir fried mixed vegetables.

Chicken in Hoisin and Hot Bean Sauce and Stir Fried Choy Sum

No comments: