Sunday 15 June 2008

RECIPE: SOUPY STIR FRIED CHOY SUM


I would prefer to cut this vegetable into 3-4 cm lengths to cook this but my kids are fussy veg eaters. By cutting it small, I can at least force them to eat it! You can put anything you like in the veg or nothing at all. Today I sliced some fish balls and added to the meal. I put in about half a cup of water as well. You don’t have to add any if you choose not to.

Ingredients
2 bunches of choy sum – cut according to personal preferences
3 cloves garlic – minced
1 onion – sliced (optional)
200g meat or seafood (I used sliced fish balls) – sliced thinly (optional)
1 tsp powdered chicken stock
Salt to taste
Water (optional)
1 tbsp veg oil

Method
Heat wok and fry garlic (and meat if using) in the oil. Add in the sliced vegetables.

Mix well and add the chicken stock, salt and water (if using). Lift when cooked and serve with rice.

No comments: